Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lil D's 3rd Trimester {Weeks 37 & 38}

Thursday, 6/16/2011
(Week 37) 

Surprising Facts: Signs of labor

There's no way to predict when labor is going to start. Your body actually starts "preparing" for labor up to a month before you give birth. You may be blissfully unaware of what's going on or you may begin to notice new symptoms as your due date draws near.

Here are some things that may happen in the weeks or days before labor starts:

Your baby drops.
You note an uptick in Braxton Hicks contractions.
You pass your mucus plug.
Your water breaks.

(above info from Babycenter)

Today brings two beautiful words: full-term. Now, whenever baby's born, she's likely to thrive. Also thriving? Your nesting instincts, which are behind those sudden urges to bake, clean, or embroider a onesie. (Feminists, take your issue up with nature, not with us.)

HOW BIG IS BABY?

Baby's now the size of a watermelon!
Photobucket
Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting her first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. She's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).

(above info from thebump)

Thursday, 6/23/2011
(Week 38)
 
HOW BIG IS BABY?

Baby's now the size of a watermelon! See above.

Me & Lil D this week:

Photobucket

Photobucket


I am so thankful to have made it full-term. I have several mommies/babies around me that currently have complications and it really makes you grateful each week. As of now I have baby and my hospital bags mostly packed. I do still need to go get a few more bras. I have one right now that fits and that just won't do.

One thing I have often wondered is if this baby will have hair or not. Wayne had tons of dark hair. I on the other hand had light peach fuzz for a very long time. I guess we'll see sooner than later.

I have been feeling Braxton-Hicks contractions more and more, but still not on a regular basis or anything consistent. It still happens most often when I'm walking.
At our last Dr appointment this past Tuesday I found out we are 75% effaced and dilated to a 1. I guess that's a start, right? I also found out I am Group B negative. Yay!

I haven't had any trouble sleeping, so that's a plus!

I have definitely had the nesting feeling. I feel like we need to get everything cleaned and bought and organized. That's not easy to deal with since we just moved a month ago and doing anything at this point is just tiring. My Mom took me last weekend and we got most of the rest of everything we needed.

I have experienced some shooting pain. It usually happens in the middle of the night when I get up to go to the bathroom.

It's still hard for me to believe that this baby could come at anytime. Yay!
 

No comments:

Latest pins